Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Portal / Portal 2 - Videos

Portal 2 is absolutely my favorite video game of all time.  I have loved my Zelda and Final Fantasy games.  Mario will always be close to my heart.  Grand Theft Auto made me more terrified of actual driving, but enamored with slaughter.  But nothing can compare to the perfection that was Portal 2.  Even Portal now seems like more of a preview than anything.

And, as with all worthy nerdy things, there's enough fan content to make the experience all the better.  Here are some of my absolute favorite Portal videos; thanks to all the fans.  I hope to be able to add my own videos of burlesque to this list once my Chell costume and portal gun are finished.

Portal 2  Fan-Made Music Video


Outside Aperture (based on the ending of the first Portal)


Portal - Live Performance


And, quite possibly my favorite scene of the game:



I think that this scene has the best snip-it of GLaDOS; the inflection in her voice when she says "Oh, it's _you_" is quintessential.  There are some other heartbreaking and wonderfully sexy scenes with her, and I'd post everything she says and does if I could (but I obviously don't have quite enough motivation to look), but this, I think, is her in a nutshell.  I get chills whenever I listen to her in this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment