Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tools are cool!

While I'm incredibly inconsistent with this blog, and have certainly never established this kind of thing as a theme before, I'm joining in with this meme, which was started here by Og.  I saw several of the gun bloggers I follow post this, then Michael, and decided, what the hell!

Take the knife out of your pocket and take a picture of it, and post it. Or post a picture of the same knife from a brochure or whatever.

No, not your favorite knife, or your prettiest, but the one that never leaves your side.
 





These are three knives that I carry with my every day without fail.  I used to more regularly carry a more full-sized folding knife (and often will), but I wouldn't say every day anymore.  


On the top left is my Climber model Swiss Army Knife.  It has almost all the tools I need/want regularly (with the possible exception of a phillips screwdriver; I make due with the flat heads attached to the can opener and bottle opener, but it's not ideal).  


On the top right is the Classic Swiss Army Knife I picked up in Maine last year.  I often carried one like it (in black or pink) on my keychain, and still have one there.  But while in Maine, I couldn't resist getting the lobster themed one.  It may seem redundant since I also carry a full sized Swiss Army Knife with all the same tools (larger) and more, but I find I use them both regularly!  The little guy mostly for nail maintenance.  I actually have a little collection of them (I have a black, two pink--one solid, one translucent, an aluminum, and the lobster).  Michael lent me the little sheath it's next to and I've been carrying it in there in my bra ever since (alongside my Streamlight Microstream flashlight).  


And for even longer, I've had an obsession with the Spyderco Cricket.  I have three so far.  The first was a black plastic scale model (which used to be Michael's), the second was a full stainless steel version, and the one pictures is the Ying Yang SantaFè Stoneworks model (pearl and jet; mine is _not_ serated, but that's all I was able to find online), which I fell in love with, and was given as a gift for being best man at Michael's first wedding.  It's definitely my favorite knife that I own, and I carry it also in my bra.  I am always well prepared!

1 comment: