Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update on fitness

Well, I didn't do quite what I'd planned to try to do over vacation. My goal had been to try to keep up with some of the strength training exercises that didn't require any tools or equipment and also use the exercise rooms at the hotels for the nights we were there.

And I didn't.

But in fairness, it was a hopeful goal that I knew was unlikely to happen. We were very busy almost every day and we did a lot of walking and activity. Plus, it was vacation! Once in the spirit, you kind of stay there and don't feel nearly as motivated for routine.

Still, canoeing and kayaking helped to keep up my upper body strength and plenty of walking helped me feel less bad about all the delicious food we were eating.

But, now, to get back on track. Yesterday was our last day or rest before returning to work so I didn't exercise then, but tonight, I fully intend to get a workout in and then continue one per day for the week. This weekend we're hoping to organize some socialization, but we'll see what I can fit in around it. And, starting back next week, I will reset me goal for the rest of July and all of August: 5 full, intense workouts per week, while also trying to get something in (even something small) the other two days. Plus, we're hoping to lower portions further and introduce more and more vegetables into our diet.

And now, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment